Last Updated: 2023.01.20
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information directly from you when you create an account, fill out a form, engage in a transaction, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. In particular, we may collect account information such as your email address, Telegram account, webhook URL, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information when you interact with us or our Services, including:
- Node Information: We collect information about node(s) on the Lightning Network, including the alias, color, features, public key, balance information, and size of the backup. Nodes may also independently share other information with us that is hosted on the nodes platform, such as social media information or other identifying information.
- Channel Information: We also collect information about the channels on the Lightning Network, including the fees, response times, and peer ratings associated with the channel.
- Transaction Information: When you engage in a transaction through the Services, we collect information about the transaction, such as the date, time, and amount of the transaction.
- User Reported Information: we also receive information from users about transactions on the Lightning Network to which Amboss is not a party, including payment forwards, failed forwards, node online status, history, and balance.
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and those who perform work for us) may use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about your interactions with the Services. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may obtain information from other sources. For example, we may collect information from advertising networks, and data analytics providers. This information may include your name, email address, and phone number. Additionally, if you create or log into your Amboss account through a third-party platform (such as Telegram), we may have access to certain information from that platform, such as your name, telephone number, and profile picture, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such platform.
We also work with identity verification vendors to conduct “know your customer” checks. You may be asked to share information with such vendors (e.g., name, address, social security number, and driver’s license) so the vendors can tell us whether you have successfully completed the “know your customer” check and are authorized to use the Services.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to manage your account, facilitate transactions, and report information about nodes on the Lightning Network (e.g., “Node X received Y payments last month”). We may also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, improve, and develop new products and services, including to debug and repair errors in our Services;
- Personalize your experience with us;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, support messages and other transactional or relationship messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Amboss and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our products and services;
- Personalize the advertisements you see when you use our Services;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate, and help prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and help protect the rights and property of Amboss and others;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations;
- Create de-identified, anonymized or aggregated information; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers, contractors and consultants that access personal information to perform work for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, identity verification, fraud prevention, customer service, email delivery, and marketing and advertising.
- Some of the Node and Channel Information described above, as well as information we derive from that information, is publicly available on our Services (including through our APIs) and we sell certain of that information to our customers.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Amboss, our users, the public, or others.
- We may share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- Personal information may be shared between and among Amboss and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
- We may share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
CHANNEL BALANCE SHARING
One of our features is called Channel Balance Sharing. Through Channel Balance Sharing, we present the current state of channel balances and the aggregate flow of funds through the Lightning Network (“Channel Balance Insights”). To present Channel Balance Insights, we collect raw channel balance data. We do not use the raw data to identify any
individuals or transactions. As soon as we have generated the Channel Balance Insights we delete the underlying raw data. (This typically occurs within 24 hours.)
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
Amboss is headquartered in the United States and we have operations and vendors in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and those that perform work for us may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction.
You may update and correct certain account information at any time by logging in to your account or contacting us.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Amboss by following the instructions in those communications or by contacting us. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.